Wagon Wheel Farm is a proud recipient of the following awards
USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, Environmental Quality Incentives Program.
Contract Years 2015-2020.
Practices approved to further Environmental Quality in the Moodna Creek watershed as a Transitional Organic Farm Operation including:
- Season Extension High Tunnel
- Crop Rotation
- Winter Cover Crop
- Trickle Irrigation
- Prescribed Water Conservation Plan
2017 Winner of the New Farmers Grant Fund.
Investment includes improving farm efficiency through:
- The purchase of new harvesting machinery
- Expanding ground in agricultural production currently occupied by invasive plant species
- Increasing cultivation in greenhouse area through drainage and soil fertility improvements
- Liming of farmland to improve soil pH
- Increasing refrigeration capacity for eggs and fresh market produce.